Avoid injuring your back at the office
• If you sit for long periods, make sure your chair supports your back. If the chair doesn’t support your lower back’s curve, place a rolled towel or small pillow behind your lower back. Also, remove any bulky objects from your back pockets. They can disrupt the balance in your lower back
• On average, take a 30-second timeout to stretch or move for every 15 minutes you spend sitting the same place.
• Pay attention to office space ergonomics. – If you work at a computer, make sure that your monitor and chairs are positioned properly.
• Use good form when lifting, even if the object is relatively light. Keep the object close to your body and let your legs do the work. If the load is too heavy to lift on your own, get some help.
• Remove anything from your workspace that might cause you or someone else to trip and fall.
bulky adj.大的, 体积大的